Monday, May 5, 2008

Government Offices I

While doing research, I discovered many things about some of our government offices and officials. For example, when i went to the Department of Agrarian Reform-X I found out how poor the facilities are. I also met many officials, some of whom are not very accommodating while the others are willing to extend their hands. I wonder why some of them are very afraid when researchers like me asks them questions which pertain to their field, especially when I asked them if they could furnish me some copies of documented cases regarding land issues/conflicts...hmm maybe because they don't know where to find the data of maybe because they don't want to be discovered as inefficient, but at least they should be kind when someone asks them questions. They don't need to raise their voice/eyebrows to people who want to contribute to the body of knowledge. I may be wrong here. Anyway, this is just an observation to SOME of them. I'm not generalizing.

No comments: