Thursday, September 16, 2010

What I Hate Most

 Today, I have decided to have a retreat, and by this, I mean self-introspection--getting into my weaknesses and strengths.  But before that happens, I have decided to write down the things I hate most or if not, things that I simply find annoying.

First: the papers to check.  This is already my 6th year of teaching and until now, checking papers remains a challenge for me.  Sometimes, I am tempted to quit my job and maybe, just maybe, find another job which is freer.  Maybe something else which is not loaded with paper works that seem to hold me captive so that my weekends still become a regular working day.

Second: waiting.  I don't know why many of us Filipinos still cling to the notion of "Filipino Time" as if it is a curse that runs our system that we can not do without.  What is horrible about this "Filipinoness" of  ours is that even the professionals are expected to be late.  Gee! In my class, students would sometimes tell me to "wait" as if they are just saying it to their friends.  The problem is waiting upsets me, so I think they have found their way to being prompt every time I expect them to do something on the dot.

Third: having no common sense or put simply, stupidity.  Now, don't get me wrong.  I'm not playing the "smart ass" here.  It's just that sometimes using common sense is not so common to some people.  Let's say, a student becomes so busy with her/his other subjects.  And surely, because of his/her "hectic and tight" schedule, s/he misses the class.  Won't you be so irritated if s/he only shows his/her butt after a month, telling all these lame reasons in the world for her not having been in your class?  That's simply nuts!  And that simply drives me up the wall.  If s/he is a true student, as s/he claims to be, her/his common sense would have told him/her that I already dropped him/her long time ago!

I feel heavy.  Next time, I should be posting the things I like most or the things which make me happy.  There are more of them than what I have written here, I suppose. Now, that's something to look forward to.  The idea itself is already lifting me up.

No comments: