Sunday, July 19, 2009

Why I Love Harry Potter

Yesterday, I watched “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” together with my best friends. We fondly call ourselves, The Achievers’ Club. I know what you’re thinking but before you jump into some prejudiced conclusions my friends are all achievers in their own right just like me. Oops, don’t raise your eyebrows.

Harry Potter is, of course, one of my favorite movies of all time not because I love witch craft or wizardry but simply because of its power to stir one’s imagination. I think it was Einstein who said that “Imagination is more important than knowledge,” and indeed this is embodied in Harry Potter the way J.K Rowling presented it. Though the movie can never equal the novel itself, it still worth watching. One of the things I also like about Harry Potter is its strong portrayal of love.

Love is magical in many ways whether it is a love for friends, special someone, parents, teachers, or simply a love for one’s self. And this very love protects us all from our enemies just like how it protects Harry from Voldemort! Oops! I’m not supposed to mention his name.

No comments: